Buflovak has a long proud history in Western New York. With roots back to the 1845 partnership of David Bell and William McNish, by the early 1900’s Buffalo Foundry & Machine Co., the predecessor to Buflovak, was a leading producer of chemical apparatus, vacuum dryers, vacuum pumps, condensers, receivers, filters, crystallizers, and castings up to 100 tons. By 1927 the Company was one of the largest manufacturers of heavy castings in the United States.
The foundation for today’s Buflovak vacuum and thermal process equipment products was established when the Company entered the dryer and evaporation process equipment business, producing patented equipment, primarily for milk processing, in 1905. This product line was expanded to a variety of industries over the subsequent decades and by the 1930’s Buflovak had become the worlds foremost expert in the design and construction of vacuum dryers and evaporators. By 1993, the Company was acquired and split into multiple companies to focus on specific core competencies aimed at turning around the business.